Artistic light show at the Château du Martroy
The Château du Martroy, which is listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments, was built in the 18th century on the foundations of a 16th-century estate, and was then extended in the 19th century. It belonged to Viscount Daru, an artillery commander, a descendant of Pierre Daru who, under the First Empire, was Intendant Général of the Grande Armée, a literary man and a member of the Académie Française, Count of the Empire in 1809 and a cousin of Stendhal. In 1829, the Château belonged to Viscount Camus du Martroy. It is now owned by Mr and Mrs de Trémiolle.
As part of the bicentenary, the Seine-et-Marne Department is projecting a light show on the Château, based on a historical account of the relations between Napoleon and his famous servants, Pierre Daru and Armand de Caulaincourt, of whom the current owners are the descendants.