Commemorations in Montereau will take place in the town centre, where a parade of Napoleonic military troops will be held on the bridges of Montereau, and in the Parc des Noues.
Recreating bivouacs, events, craft market, children's workshops, exhibition, lecture, shows... A great number of events are on the agenda as part of the commemorations of the bicentenary of the death of Napoleon.
10 am-7 pm | Recreation of a Napoleonic bivouac, a civil village with Napoleonic animations in the Parc des Noues:
- Horsemen training under the Empire with "course des têtes" (a type of mounted competition),
- Pistol shooting,
- Horsemen-to-horsemen and horsemen-to-infantrymen skirmishes,
- Craft market.
Children’s entertainment with various workshops:
- Recreating Napoleon's hat and sculpting workshop;
- Crafting small Napoleonic soldiers out of clay;
- Shooting stand and wooden games;
- Educational farm and pony ride;
- Initiation to drumming and juggling, along with a fire-breathing show;
- Discovering the old period market through a treasure hunt;
- Short sketches of the battle of Montereau;
- Children’s entertainment with books about Napoleon.
3 pm | Parade of troops on the bridges of Montereau around the statue of Napoleon.
7 pm to 11 pm | Catering on site with period gastronomic dishes.
9 pm | Dance show under the Empire.
11 pm | Live "sound, light & video" show retracing Napoleon’s life and the imperial epic.